If you’re using Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube, you may be genuinely aware of social media’s influence on society today. But there’s more to social media than just posting selfies, flexing your new kicks, or catching a glimpse of other people’s lives.
Social media has become a very effective content delivery vehicle, gaining phenomenal popularity and generating a massive following in recent years.
Now, the question is, have you taken advantage of social media, or are you missing out on many opportunities?
Let’s get down to the social media facts!
In this year’s global overview of the digital space, data intelligence company Datareportal found that an estimated 4.62 billion people worldwide are currently using social media, which is around 58.4% or more than half of the total world population!
Of that, 424 million new users have only signed up on these platforms during the last 12 months.
You know these numbers could give you confidence as to why many people are into social media.
One of the main reasons why videos have become popular content delivery media is because anyone can do it, compared to written content.
Let’s face it, writing may not be everyone’s turf, but videos – well, anyone can take it using a handy digital camera or smartphone- quickly and easily. You know what we mean, right?
Anyway, from a business perspective, videos are compelling because 92% of video marketers back in 2020 considered video content as part of their primary marketing strategy – a very significant increase compared to 2015 when only 78% were leveraging it.
So, what does that mean?
Look here, the biggest driver for video marketing is its success in the market. Because in 2020, 88% of video marketers have reported achieving positive returns on investment (ROI) who primarily used videos for their content strategy.
Fast forward to near-future projections, by 2023, around 98% of global businesses expect to embrace videos as their primary digital marketing media to promote their brands.
How can I benefit thru social media?
If you want to ensure that your brand awareness campaign generates the attention it deserves, then social media will give you the most bang for your buck.
The beauty of social media is that you can engage with your audience and know what people say about your personal or business brands – all in real-time and thru almost all types of devices.
Based on the data provided, with social media, you are assured of better reach for your target customers or audience, establishing more online networks, and promoting or selling your services or products better.
Better reach, more excellent opportunities
By leveraging social media for your brand, what you were unable to do or had an arduous marketing journey, say, 10 to 15 years ago, now becomes more profound, rewarding, and responsive to the needs of content creators and businesses.
Just imagine the tremendous benefits when using social media for your video content, such as,
- Enhance your market reach or precisely determine your target audience, whether domestic or international – at the same time.
- You get to attract or entice more people to take notice of your brand, and you also have real-time access to customer feedback or reviews.
- This way, you can easily make real-time decisions to support or improve your services or products, thus, generating more loyal followers or customers.
- Access to data and intelligence for your market or product research so you can benefit more through reduced costs or how to make your products more relevant to your audience and consumers.
- You can increase your web traffic and improve your search engine rankings.
- Access more skilled experts or specialists when you are out in the market looking to recruit or hire people for your business.
- Increase your revenue as a result of your enhanced customer networks and promotional/advertising campaigns.
- Develop and improve your brand in a more profound, relevant, and relatable manner.
Of course, these are just some of the many benefits content creators and businesses can gain from social media.
And by combining videos into your social media marketing strategy, you can get the best of both worlds.
So, by now, you may be able to understand and grasp the power of videos and social media as your ingredients for success.
But, the sooner you act on getting your social media presence, the sooner you will be able to get ahead in the game.
Your only fear is that if you don’t act on it now, you might miss out on a lot, get left behind, and bite the dust.
Do you want your social media video content to perform their best? Let us know, and we’ll be glad to help.
Table of Contents
Let’s be candid for a moment. Trimming videos may seem deceptively simple, but it’s far from a walk in the park. Our video Content Creator,
Teenager Michelle Phan aspired to break into the beauty industry but needed support from traditional gatekeepers. The creator economy emerged, enabling her to create makeup