Podcasting conferences are a great way to learn, network, and develop your way to a successful podcast.It doesn’t matter your age, experience level, or role in the podcasting world – there’s an event made for you.
Here’s our big list of the Top 20 Podcasting Conferences in 2023..(Note: All prices are in USD unless otherwise specified.)
1. Podfest Expo | January 26- 29 | Orlando, USA | $99 – $1995
2023 marks Podfest Expo’s 9th annual event.
Podfest aims to foster a community of people who are interested in and passionate about sharing their voice and message with the world.
You get world-class education, ideas and inspiration to start or grow your podcasting business.Podfest prides itself on being more than a conference and boasts a strong, family-like community with plenty of networking opportunities.
Whether you are abeginner or a seasoned pro, Podfest offers youthe ability to customize your daily schedule with sessions on:
- Creation & Launch
- Technology & Innovation
- Audience growth
- Monetization & Marketing
- YouTube & Video
- Networking & Social
Learn more about Podfest Expo here.
IndyPod Summit | February 2 | Virtual |
2. AFRICA Podcast Day | February 12 | Nairobi, Kenya | In-person $300 | Virtual $75
Africa Podcast Festival started off as an annual event by Africa Podfest in 2020, and since then, evolving into a community platform with year-round programming both online and offline.
It was created as a space to celebrate and appreciate the best of the continent’s podcasting industry.
From listeners to podcasters and the greater audio community, it recognizes the growth of podcasting on the continent. Africa is historically a strong audio continent, with radio being the most widely-consumed media.
#AfricaPodcastFestival aims to create shared spaces, both virtually and physically, for the region’s podcasting pioneers to gather, share knowledge and connect with African and international partners.
Find out more about Africa Podcast Day here.
3. Audio Intelligence Summit | February 15 | New York, USA | $99
The Audio Intelligence Summit celebrates the power of audio. It brings brands, agencies, and publishers together to discuss how audio and audio advertising are being effectively utilized, measured, and optimized to heighten brand awareness and increase ROI.
This insightful, half-day event explores the metrics, trends, and best practices powering the most successful strategies in the audio and podcast space.
Find out more about the Audio Intelligence Summit here.
4. On Air Fest | February 23-25 | Brooklyn, USA | $187.10 – $637.59
On Air Fest is the premier cultural event for audio creatives and inspired listeners. It brings together an expansive range of emerging and established voices to explore the creative possibilities of sound. On Air Fest carves a place for artists and storytellers who are defining this moment in audio.
On Air Fest includes special programming, parties and networking events, the presentation of their annual Audio Vanguard Award, and exclusive first access to The Podcast Experience.
This festival is a powerful networking and learning opportunity built for people invested in the future of audio:
- Audio Professionals
- Multimedia Artists & Storytellers
- Podcast Industry Leaders
- Inspired Fans
Check out more about On Air Fest here.
5. Podcamp Toronto | February 24-26 | Toronto, Canada | Free Entry – $45 for swag
PodCamp Toronto is a free, two-day event known as an “unconference”. It’s all about sharing knowledge and passion for digital media. All perspectives are welcome, and regular attendees range from brand-new podcasting hobbyists to seasoned digital marketers.
That isn’t to say it’s only podcasters and marketers. One of the greatest things about PodCamp is the diversity of their community. You’ll meet activists leveraging digital media for social good.
Kick off the 15th annual event with the Friday night mixer, and stay for the 2 days of speakers and workshops over Saturday and Sunday.
To find out more about attending Podcamp Toronto, follow this link.
6. PodFest Cairo | March 4 | Cairo, Egypt | Free
The conference, from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m., will converge audio creators with podcast listeners for a day of knowledge sharing. Kim Fox, PodFest Cairo’s founder and organizer, says “it’s important for like minded creatives to come together to support one another.”
The keynote speaker is Ramsey G. Tesdell, CEO of SOWT Media. All sessions will be held in English and Arabic with simultaneous translation provided.
Local and regional podcasters will discuss designing a digital footprint for your podcast, wellness podcasts and the benefits of producing comedy podcasts.
The full PodFest Cairo 2023 schedule will be released on Monday, 20 February 2023.
Check out their website and Instagram for more information.
7. Podcast Movement Evolutions | March 7-10 | Las Vegas, USA | $189 – $579
Podcast Movement Evolutions takes place over 4 days across 8+ stages, featuring over 100 workshops, breakout sessions, panels, and keynote talks from some of the most successful names, brightest minds, and biggest brands in our industry.
This year’s special guests are Stephen A. Smith of “Know Mercy”, and James Cridland of “Podnews”.
With thousands of podcasters and industry professionals from around the world, you’ll have an opportunity like never before to meet, connect, and develop relationships with people and companies who you’ll be working with for years to come.
There is also an expo/trade show, and numerous parties all over town.
Evolutions is broken down into 3 learning pathways, which all run simultaneously. Instead of worrying about which sessions to target, you sign up for one of the following 3 tracks and follow the pre-set schedule.
- Beginner – This track features a classroom dedicated to the fundamentals for beginners or aspiring podcasters. Perfect for those just starting out or needing more help
- Podcaster – This track features three different stages (Create, Grow, and Profit) that will help active podcasters of all different experience and skill levels improve and advance their show
- Industry Pro – This track features two stages with presentations and conversations that are geared toward professionals in the podcast industry. It’s geared towards people involved with the “business of podcasting”, audio ad buyers & sellers, and radio industry professionals. This pass gives access to all session
Click here to learn more about Podcast Movement Evolutions.
8. VO Atlanta Voiceover Conference | March 23-26 | Atlanta, USA | $549 Full-Weekend | $349 Video Replay
Voiceover Altanta is a 4-day conference aimed at voice actors looking to improve their craft, or break into the field. This industry-leading voice-over conference balances English and Spanish speakers, and has a curriculum just for kids.
It features training and workshops on:
- Voice Acting
- Business & Marketing
- Production & Technology
- And more!
Visit here to learn more!
9. Radiodays Europe | March 26-28 | Prague, Czech Republic | Free – $599 + 21% Czech VAT
Radiodays Europe is a major event in the Radio, Podcast and Audio World bringing together over 1,500 visitors from 65 countries over 3 days. The event is organised into sessions including keynote speeches, panel discussions, interactive sessions, summits, workshops and networking events.
Radiodays Europe brings you more ideas, the best innovations, latest trends, comprehensive data which you can use in your station, your podcast and in your audio company.
Featuring 3 summits you can register for (75 EUR + 21% Czech VAT each)
- Youth Summit – Everything you need to know about creating audio content for younger audiences
- Audio Data Summit – As a radio station, podcast or audio company: What do you really need to know about data? How can you maximise the impact they have on listeners, branding, and revenue in a data-driven environment? What trends, innovations, new companies and best cases are there to be learned from? And where will the hottest AI developments like ChatCPT etc. lead us?
- Podcast Summit – This Summit offers practical advice on all areas of the podcasting supply chain. Starting with new idea development, to the things you need to actually make a great podcast. Finishing with promotion, social media and monetisation
Lear more about Radiodays Europe here.
10. Podstock | April 29 | New Jersey, USA | Prices TBA
PodStock is back for it’s second year with a one-day conference focused on all things podcasting, with a lineup of industry professionals and experts sharing their knowledge and experience.
This years event introduces the “PodStock Rocks” Workshop, specifically designed for high school students in Mercer County studying audio/visual courses. This workshop will provide students with the opportunity to learn from and interact with professionals in the industry, and get a taste of what it’s like to work in all facets of Audio/Visual careers including Podcasting.
Learn more about PodStock here.
11. The NZ Podcasting Summit | May 13 | Auckland, New Zealand | NZ$91.53
The NZ Podcasting Summit is a gathering place for New Zealand’s podcast producers, presenters, practitioners, and providers.
This is an annual day-long event focusing on collaboration, education, sharing, and networking. It features discussions and panels on topics relevant to starting and growing your podcast, including:
- Producing a long-form daily news & current affairs podcast
- Securing funding and stakeholder support for your podcast
- Everything related to growing your podcast
- The art & craft of storytelling
- A keynote talk on where podcasting is at today, and what the future is likely to hold
Seven conference attendees will also get the chance to present their podcast project for seven minutes each, and receive feedback from the audience.
Learn more about The NZ Podcasting Summit here.
12. The Podcast Show | May 24–25 | Islington, London | 30 GBP – 225 GBP
The Podcast Shows’ 2nd annual event is one you won’t want to miss. It’s self-billed as “the biggest international festival for the business of podcasting”.
It is split into 2 main parts:
- By Day – A 2-day event featuring over 350 speakers, 150 masterclasses, workshops, and Q&As. It also features a major exhibition, career advice, networking events, and industry expert facetime where you can even pitch your podcast
- By Night – A week-long program (May 22-28) of 30 live podcast stage shows, celebrating world-class talent and bringing your favorite voices to life in major venues across Islington, London
Find out more about this unique event here.
13. PODFEST GLOBAL | March 27-30 | Online Virtual Event | $49 – $299
Created in 2015, PODFEST GLOBAL is a 100% virtual extension of PODFEST. It’s grown into a recurring, must-attend yearly gathering that is now international, drawing podcast creators from all over the world.
You will see friendly faces and speakers who are experts in their field, delivering the most valuable, recent content from the virtual stage AND backstage.
You can grab your tickets and find out more here.
14. She Podcasts Live | June 19-22 | Washington DC, USA | $200 – $549
The She Podcasts Mission is to support and nurture podcast hosts who’ve traditionally been excluded from the podcast market. This includes cis and trans women, non-binary, and those who are all around gender fabulous. That’s who has created this event, who’s speaking at this event, and who attends this event. Of course, all are welcome.
Every speaker is a woman or marginalized gender, a current podcaster, and they work to ensure that at least 50% or more are people of color, LGBTQIA+ or both.
The conference takes place in a relaxed but upbeat environment. Past soirees have included Introvert/Extrovert parties, slumber parties, garden parties, and swanky brunches.
Check out the She Podcast Lives website to learn more and secure your tickets for 2023.
15. PODTHON ’23 | July 22-23 & November 1-2 | Virtual | Price TBA (2022 price was $497 – $597)
PODTHON ’23 is changing things up this year. Since 2019 it’s been known as a virtual podcasting summit for anyone wanting to level up their podcasting game.
In 2023, they are flipping the script to run a live, in person, 2-day coaching event for podcasters who are serious about growing their business. The first cohort runs in July, with the final cohort taking their training in November.
You can expect 2-days of in-depth learning. You’ll also receive individualized attention and feedback on your work (yes, there will be homework) and be part of a supportive community of podcasters who are enthusiastic about growing their brands and creating additional income streams.
They’ll show you exactly how to establish your expertise and design a personalized plan for generating income through paid speaking gigs, sponsorships, passion services, and grants.
If this sounds interesting to you, learn more about PODTHON ’23 here.
16. Podcast Movement | August 21-24 | Denver, USA | $209 – $509 (Super Duper Early Bird pricing, prices increase every few weeks)
Podcast Movement is the world’s largest podcasting conference, and you want to be there.
Every summer since 2014, Podcast Movement has gathered thousands of passionate podcasters and industry professionals from around the world under one roof to learn, grow professionally, and most importantly, evolve and improve the podcast community.
The conference takes place over 4 days and 10+ stages, and features over 150 workshops, breakout sessions, panels, and keynote talks from some of the most successful names, brightest minds, and biggest brands in the podcasting industry.
Choose what you want to learn with sessions categorized under six learning tracks. Mix and match sessions to choose your own adventure.
- Growth & Marketing
- Social, Culture & Advocacy
Learn more about the Podcast Movement here.
17. Indie Pod Con 8 | September 8-9 | Philedelphia, USA | $300
ICON is a one-track podcast conference for people who want to start and grow their own podcast. It covers everything from what technology you need to get started, to how to carve out space in your niche, get noticed, and ultimately make a living from your podcast.
Founded by “Super Joe” Pardo, a New Jersey-based business coach. He coaches entrepreneurs and consults to multi-million dollar businesses all over the world helping them with their team, offer, and process to produce growth.
Starting his podcasting journey in early-2014, Joe decided to leave his family’s $100 million business and pursue his dreams of owning his own business. The Super Joe Pardo Show was founded to build a platform of helping entrepreneurs and business owners pursue building their business for their lifestyle.
Super Joe is an award-winning podcaster, business owner, best-selling author, and has spoken all over the country, and even spoke at the United Nations in 2016.
Check out this cool independent event here.
18. PodFest Berlin | October 13-15 | Berlin, Germany |
PodFest Berlin is a grassroots podcast festival and community founded in 2021 to celebrate Berlin’s podcasts and podcasters.
Berlin is home to more podcasts than ever, but the people making them seldom cross paths. This festival aims to gather everyone under one roof to celebrate all that has been achieved.
Learn more about PodFest Berlin here.
19. The Afros & Audio Podcast Festival | October 21-22 | Baltimore, USA | $50 Early Bird Deposit – Ticket price TBA
Afros & Audio is a community of independent podcasters dedicated to curating accessible/inclusive events and spaces for and by black podcast creatives & audio professionals.
Join them for their 5th annual Afros & Audio Podcast Festival! It’s the first 2-day conference for and by black independent podcast creatives and audio professionals.
The content covers every aspect of starting and growing your podcast, including:
- How to Start and Launch a Podcast
- The Art of Podcasting: How to outline, structure, and deliver your show
- Editing & Production
- Growth & Marketing
- Podcast News & Trends
- And much more…
Grab your ticket and join them in Baltimore in October 2023.
20. Podcasting For Business Conference | November 13-15 | Virtual Only | $97 – $247
Podcasting for your business is a little bit different than podcasting as a passion project, or even as a business in and of itself. Businesses and business owners have specific needs for their content marketing – a company podcast is one of the many, many things an entrepreneur or marketing manager works on every week.
That means they need to be efficient and they need to be effective.
But a lot of the content out there, while highly valuable, doesn’t take into account the unique needs and opportunities of a company show.
The Podcasting for Business Virtual Conference is an event bringing together experts from across the podcast and content marketing industries to provide training and support to people podcasting as part of their work.
As the event is 100% virtual, you can listen to every single session should you choose to do so. You can even pick up 2022’s recordings for $97.
Learn more about the Podcasting For Business Conference here.
If you have any questions about learning more about the power of video podcasts, let us know. We’re friendly abnd happy to hear your questions. After all, creating great videos is what we do and we always want to stay on top of your problems as a video creator. Contact us here with your query.