Are you considering hiring a video editing service for your marketing or personal video blog content but are having second thoughts if it is worth the investment?
No doubt about it, there are numerous online video editing services that are out there offering professional video services ranging from unlimited, on-demand or fractional video editing, jut to name a few.
What impact will video editing have on your digital marketing routines and campaigns? Are you more concerned with your business’s day-to-day operations or getting stuck doing your digital marketing campaigns? Is video editing going to be worth your investment?
As a video editing service provider, we want to suggest the affirmative for video editing not because we want to bring in more business, but because we know how important and impactful it can be for YOUR BUSINESS!
Still not convinced? Well, let’s share with you the numbers that will help you weigh the importance of video editing services and why you need to have it.
Market Statistics on Video Editing
Video marketing has been used by 86% of businesses in the past three years.
- In terms of ROI, 87% of video marketers are satisfied with their video marketing efforts on social media, whereas 93% of marketers who use video say it’s an important marketing tool.
- Compared to traditional marketing, video marketing generates 66% more qualified leads.
- A whopping 88% of marketers share videos on YouTube, followed by 76% on Facebook, 66% on LinkedIn, and 65% on Instagram.
- YouTube is used by 50% of marketers to create online video content.
- There are 38% of marketers who post video content on LinkedIn, 2% who use Snapchat, and 50% who report success on this platform.
- Marketing content with video is favored by 54% of consumers.
- In the coming year, live video will become more important for social media marketers, according to 63% of them.
- Video marketing is said to help convert leads to customers 83% of the time, and it is believed to generate leads 87% of the time.
- 90% of video marketers plan to increase video spend in 2022 or maintain it. Video has directly contributed to sales increases in 80% of cases.
- 66% of B2C marketers and 71% of B2B marketers use video marketing.
- There is a trend towards short videos, because 80% of marketers create videos that last less than three minutes.
- Digital video budgets increase by 25% on average each year.
- 83% of video marketers claim success using webinars and 37% plan to continue using them.
- 360-degree videos have proven successful for 74% of video marketers.
- Video will be used in 66% of marketing strategies in 2020, according to marketers.
- The number of qualified leads generated by video marketers increases by 66% each year.
- A full 48% of marketers who started using video in their strategy were able to convince others of its benefits through video.
- It was because marketers felt clearer about the ROI on video that they started using video as part of their marketing strategy in 2019.
- Video has become more important to marketers, with 82% stating it is an important part of their marketing strategy in 2017, 85% in 2018, and 91% in 2019 and 2020.
- According to marketers, explainer videos are created 72% of the time, presentations are created 49% of the time, testimonials are produced 48% of the time, sales videos are produced 42% of the time, and video ads are created 42% of the time.
- Videos are becoming more affordable to marketers, and they are easier to create, according to 46% of marketers who have started using video in their marketing strategy.
- Marketers report a 43% decrease in support calls since 2015 due to video marketing.
- 13% of marketers don’t use video as part of their strategy due to time constraints, 20% due to expense, and 17% due to inexperience.
- According to marketing professionals who use video, 93% say that it plays an important part in their strategy, which is an increase from 92% in 2020 and 91% in 2019.
- Businesses and brands have become more dependent on video due to the pandemic, according to 91% of marketers.
- 60% of video marketers say that they expect their 2022 to be affected.
- 70% of these video marketers say that they are expecting an increase in their budget whereas 30% say that it will be cut short.
- 96% of video marketers plan to maintain or increase their spends on video in 2022.
- 69% of marketers who haven’t used video as a part of their content strategy plan to incorporate it in 2022.
- 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer thanks to a video on social media.
- The latest video marketing statistics show that 86 percent of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool.
- In the same report, 80% of marketers also claim to be satisfied with the ROI of video ads they post on social media.
- The average number of qualified leads video marketers generate has grown by 66% over the past few years and brand awareness for clients has grown by 54%.
- In addition, 93% of marketers say a social media video has helped them land a new customer.
- Video marketing on YouTube is expected to be used by nine out of ten marketers in the near future.
- Video will be used by just under two-thirds of marketers on LinkedIn in 2021, according to a survey.
- Moreover, the power of video marketing can be felt throughout the entire buyer’s journey – the same study found that most people start their research with videos.
Is there a market for professional video editing services?
Within one year, video usage on landing pages increased by 11%, and by 2022, 60% of people will have used video on landing pages.
It is estimated that conversions will increase by 80% in the next two years with video marketing.
Videos are used by 59% of businesses to demonstrate products, 13% for video blogs, 7% for chalk whiteboards, and 12% for one-to-one discussions.
It was noted by 75% of people that sales teams should have access to their clients and their potential viewers’ data in order to use video marketing effectively. More than 61% of the sales team has already used video marketing strategies.
The majority of small businesses do not hire outside resources like agencies, freelancers, or contract employees to assist with video marketing.
The outcome of video editing services to brands in numbers
In a study of 55% of businesses and 38% of marketers by the CRM and software company Hubspot, video marketing is well-received on LinkedIn.
Video marketing statistics from Bloomberg show that 82% of Twitter users watch video content, 93% of them watch video on mobile devices.
Digital and mobile video content spending has increased 95% in the last two years, according to recent research on mobile video marketing.
Twitter reports that 90% of its users view Twitter videos on mobile, and 90% of its video viewers do so via mobile devices.
- Brands could achieve a 31% success rate for their marketing campaigns if they can strike the right emotional chord with their audience through video.
- It is expected that video content will increase by 54% in the near future.
- Facebook is the platform of choice for video marketing for 81% of businesses.
- A LinkedIn video marketing campaign can generate a view rate of up to 50%.
- Among first-time video marketers, 48% found it easier to persuade colleagues of the benefits of video.
- According to 80% of marketers, video helped increase sales.
- Video ads published on social media have a positive ROI for 80% of marketers.
- Facebook video marketing has been used by 81% of marketers.
- It is estimated that 87% of marketers attribute the increase in website traffic to video.
- And, the percentage of marketers who use video marketing is 93%.
- Video editing is becoming more popular among businesses
- Marketing research shows that 95% of marketers believe video helps buyers better understand their products.
- Marketers report that video generated leads for them in 83% of cases.
- Video will continue to be used by 99% of marketers through 2020, according to HubSpot.
- Live video is used by 57% of marketers, according to Social Media Examiner.
- Furthermore, 83% of video marketers claimed that videos increased the average time spent on their websites.
- Video marketers reported that 83% of their videos generated leads.
- Video has become an important tool for businesses and brands during the pandemic, according to 91% of marketers.
- Business owners consider videos to be an essential part of their marketing strategy 92% of the time. Video marketing is used by 85% of businesses.
- Businesses use video advertisements in 38% of cases.
- According to 83% of marketers, videos contributed to an increase in average time spent on a website of 83%.
- Videos are most popular on social media, according to 74% of video marketers.
- According to 47% of video marketers, one-to-two-minute videos perform best on social media.
- In 2022, 96% of video marketers expect to increase their video budgets.
How about video editors?
- Women make up 24.1% of all Video Editors, while men make up 75.9%.
- Whites account for 64.2% of Video Editors, followed by Hispanics (15.5%) and Asians (9.3%).
- A woman earned 99% of what a man earned in 2021.
- As much as $74,000 is earned by the top 10% of the highest paid Video Editors.
- An audio installer makes up 5% of the broadcast maintenance team, whereas a broadcast maintenance engineer makes up 98% of the broadcast maintenance team.
- The Hispanic or Latino ethnicity makes up 15.5% of the population, while Asians make up 9.3%.
- A majority of white people are Hispanic or Latino, 15.5% are Asian, 9.3% are Black or African American and 7.0% are Asian.
- Using the US Census Bureau data, between 2010 and 2019 the percentage of each ethnic category among video editors increased dramatically.
- A video editor’s average age is 40 years old, which represents 38% of the population.
- 73% of professional Video Editors hold a Bachelor’s Degree, the most common educational qualification.
- The average Video Editor enjoys staying at their job for one to two years, according to 12,060 resumes.
- At 52.9%, Spanish is the most common foreign language among Video Editors.
- Among foreign languages spoken, French is the second most popular at 9.3%, followed by Chinese at 6.1%.
- Spanish is the most popular language, followed by French (52.9%), Chinese (9.3%), Mandarin (6.1%), Italian (4.6%), and other (4.3%).
- It is estimated that 50 percent of workers earn less than median wage and 50 percent earn more than median wage.
Video editing and marketing figures in the US
In the US, nine out of ten viewers said they want to see more videos from brands and businesses this year, with 96% of consumers increasing their online video consumption.
It is estimated that an average person will spend 100 minutes watching online videos each day by 2022.
- Approximately 82 percent of all consumer internet traffic will be online videos by 2022, a 15-fold increase from 2017.
- The US recorded 83.3% of internet users accessing digital video content this year.
- It is estimated that 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view them every day.
- It is expected that 82% of global internet traffic by this year will be generated from streaming and downloading videos, while 85% of internet users in the US will watch videos online.
- Consumers want to see more video content from brands and businesses they support, according to surveys.
- A video is preferred by 72% of customers when learning about a product or service.
- An estimated 84% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service after watching a brand’s video.
- If viewers watch a video, they retain 95% of the message, compared to 10% when they read it.
- The revenue growth rate of marketers who use video is 49% higher than those who don’t.
- Video is more likely to be chosen by executives if both text and video are available on the same topic.
- Video consumption on mobile devices is 92% higher than on desktop computers.
- Up to 80% of your conversion rate can be increased by including a video on your landing page.
Video editing demographics and more
- Websites with videos are visited 88% more often by users.
- In comparison to women, men spend 40% more time watching online videos.
- Mobile devices account for more than 75 percent of all video views.
- Most viewers prefer watching videos horizontally, while only 25% prefer watching them vertically.
- The majority of business videos are still viewed on desktop computers.
- Video viewers watch 52% of videos all the way through, while only 25% watch videos longer than 20 minutes.
- You must create videos that are optimized for silent viewing since 92% of consumers watch videos without sound and 50% rely on captions.
- Interactive videos have a 90% completion rate.
- The retention rate of personalized videos is 35% higher than that of non-personalized videos.
- Online video ads are skipped by 65% of viewers.
- The retention rate for videos under 90 seconds is 50%.
- The majority of videos produced last year (56%) were under two minutes long.
- 77% of viewers on average remain engaged until the very end of the video if it is among the top 5%.
- The number of views on social media videos increases by 48%.
- Social media video content should be entertaining, according to 73% of people.
Pardon us if your eyes hurt by looking at the volume of video editing and marketing statistics but it’s important that we get our message across to let businesses and people know that in today’s world, videos are dominating just about any visual sphere.
But the question is, will just about any video be successful when posted online?
Of course not, because with the billions of videos online and the stiff competition between content creators, it will boil down to the ones with the best quality and compelling content that will make it to the top.
Get started with your video content and let us provide you with the best quality video editing and finishing touches to make your videos stand out.
Table of Contents
This blog provides you with some of the best ways to find clients for your digital marketing agency. These tips will help you find new clients and help you grow your business.
We all know that social media is the most happening place today, but are you ready to level up your social media game in 2023? Are your digital marketing campaigns catching up or keeping in step? Over half of the world’s population is active on more than one platform to stay on the cutting edge of trends and stay in
Competitor analysis is an important part of your digital marketing agency’s growth strategy. By knowing your competitors better, you can better understand what they are doing and how you can use them to your advantage.
Developing your content delivery strategies is critical. Reach out to us and we can help you get started.