If you’re new to TikTok and want to start creating engaging videos, or you simply want to take your TikTok videos to the next level, you need to learn how to edit them. Luckily, the editing tools on TikTok are fairly simple to use. In this article, we’ll give you a brief overview of the basics of editing videos on TikTok, as well as some tips to help you get the most out of your videos.
Tools To Edit Videos on TikTok
Editing tools are important for you as a TikTok creator because they help make videos look more professional and interesting. There are many different editing tools available for you to use, and each one has its own unique features. Some of the most popular editing tools for TikTok include:
- The TikTok app itself has basic editing features built-in, such as the ability to trim videos, add filters, and add music.
- There are also a number of third-party editing apps available that can be used to edit TikTok videos. These include apps like iMovie, Splice, and Adobe Premiere Rush.
- You can also edit their videos using a computer. This can be done using video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
No matter which editing tool you use, there are a few basic things that you can do to make your TikTok videos look better – read on to hear about these tips.
Editing Videos On TikTok – The Basics
If you’re new to TikTok, you might wonder how people make those super creative and fun videos. A lot of it has to do with editing!
First, you need to download the TikTok app and create an account. Assuming you already have the video you want to edit, open the app and go to your profile page. From there, tap on the plus sign (+) in the middle of the screen. This will open your camera. If you want to upload a video from your camera roll instead, tap on the icon in the top left corner that looks like a film strip. This will allow you to choose a video from your camera roll. Once you have the video you want to edit, tap on the edit icon in the bottom right corner. This will open the editing page for your video.
The Editing Page
On the editing page, you can trim your video to make it shorter, add filters to change the look and feel, add music to make it more fun, and more. There are tons of options you can play around with, so have fun and be creative!
- To add a filter, tap on the icon in the top left corner that looks like a sun. This will bring up a menu of filters you can choose from.
- To change the speed of your video, tap on the icon in the bottom left corner that looks like a lightning bolt. This will bring up a menu where you can choose to make your video play in slow motion, fast forward, or normal speed.
- To add music to your video, tap on the icon in the bottom right corner that looks like a music note. This will allow you to choose a song from your camera roll or from TikTok’s library of songs. Once you’re done editing your video, tap on the checkmark in the top right corner to save your changes.
Once you’re happy with your edited video, tap on the “Next” button in the top right-hand corner. From here, you can add a caption and choose who can see your video. When you’re ready, tap on the “Publish” button and your video will be shared with the TikTok community!
Tips For Editing Your Videos On Tiktok
Editing videos on TikTok can be a great way to make your content more engaging and interesting for your followers. There are a few things you can do to make your videos stand out from the rest. Here are some tips you can use for editing your videos on TikTok:
1. Use filters to enhance your videos
There are a variety of filters available on TikTok that you can use to make your videos look more professional. Experiment with different filters to see which ones work best for your content.
2. Add music to your videos
Music can help set the tone of your videos and make them more enjoyable to watch. TikTok offers a wide selection of songs that you can add to your videos. Choose a song that fits the theme of your video and add it to make your video more engaging.
3. Use editing tools to improve your videos.
TikTok offers a number of editing tools that you can use to improve your videos. Try out the different tools to see which ones work best for you. You can use the tools to crop your videos, add text, or even change the speed of your videos.
4. Use transitions
When you use transitions between clips, it makes your videos flow better. This is especially important if you’re using multiple clips in one video.
5. Add text or graphics
When you add text or graphics to your videos, it makes them more visually appealing to your viewers. TikTok has a number of built-in features that you can use, or you can download third-party apps from the App Store or Play Store.
6. Be creative with your videos
There are no rules when it comes to creating videos on TikTok. Be creative and have fun with it. Try out new ideas and see what works best for you.
7. Use other TikTok videos as examples
You should also follow a lot of accounts on TikTok, which gets a high amount of views on each of their videos. Study these videos and learn what makes them so successful and engaging. Then take the principles you learned from their videos and apply them to your content.
How To Get The Most Out Of Editing Videos On TikTok
1. First and foremost, it’s important to have a clear idea of what you want your video to achieve. Whether it’s to be funny, informative, or simply to capture a moment, having a focus will make editing much easier.
2. Once you’ve decided on your purpose, it’s time to start filming. When you shoot your videos, try to get a variety of different shots and angles that you can use in the edit. This will give you more flexibility and make the process much quicker.
3. When you have your footage, it’s time to start putting it all together. Begin by watching through all of your footage and deciding which bits you want to use. It can be helpful to lay all of your clips out in a timeline so you can see everything at once.
4. Once you’ve decided on your shots, it’s time to start putting them in order. Again, a timeline can be really helpful here. Try to tell a story with your edit, and don’t be afraid to experiment – you can always delete something if it doesn’t work.
5. Once you’re happy with the order of your shots, it’s time to start thinking about transitions. These can help to make your video flow more smoothly, and there are a variety of different types to choose from. Experiment with different options to see what looks best.
6. Finally, it’s time to add any final touches. This could include adding music, text or even special effects. Again, experiment until you find something that works well with your video.
Edit Videos On TikTok: The Bottom Line
Remember to use the editing tools sparingly, yet don’t be afraid to experiment with the editing tools – you can always delete them again. Also, watch content from successful channels to pick up on some of their ideas and how their video flows. Then apply these techniques to your videos. Most important of all, remember to have fun! It’s an exciting journey to post videos and see your channel grow – make the most out of it!
If you’re looking for someone to edit video for you on a regular basis at some point in the future, contact us. We’ll be happy to help with some free advice.
If you want more tips on video editing, check this out.